On this page, you can learn how to set up Cisco-Jabber on your Seattle U-owned Windows computer.
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later, 32 and 64 bit
You must have Administrator access to your computer in order to install Jabber.
I. Installation of Software
I. Go to the Seattle U ITS Downloads page and click the Jabber v12.7.1 Windows Client. A Zip file will be copied to your computer’s Downloads directory.
2. Locate file JabberWin-12.7.1.zip, right-click the file, select “extract all.” Select the location where you would like the folder to be unzipped so you can access the install file.
3. Double-click the file CiscoJabberSetup to begin the installation.
4. Proceed through the license agreement and follow the prompts to continue the installation.
5. When the Cisco Jabber installer has completed, click Finish.
2. Signing in
I. Open the Cisco Jabber application via the desktop shortcut or through your Applications folder.
2. (One-time setup) On the Web Login screen, enter your Seattle U email address (email@example.com) and your Seattle U password then click “Sign In” as shown below.
Note: All subsequent logins will only require your username and password.
3. Confirm voicemail and phone services are configured. Click on the Menu gear in the top right or the User Profile & Setting icon on the navigation pane. Click on Account and enter your username, not your email address, and your SU password as shown below. Click Apply.